The whole idea of the organization started on the back of a napkin. The purpose of ACP-LS is to serve its members, who are among the ~60,000 people globally who work in commercial roles for life science products and services companies. The association provides a dynamic forum for the exchange of knowledge through ongoing education, information resources, and opportunities for networking and professional development.
Prior to forming the ACP-LS, a market research study was commissioned to provide insight into the interest and viability of the association.
Summary of research
- 20+ interviews
- 150+ respondents to a blinded survey
- 87% were interested in joining the association
- 89% were interested in attending an annual meeting
- 62% provided email addresses
- 86% in North America
- 62% have direct reports
- 57% small companies (1 – 10 sales people)
- 43% Med/Large (11 – 150+)
It’s amazing that an organization like this doesn’t exist. Sign me up.All of our clients are part of professional associations. It’s about time there was one designed for our chosen profession.